The bullets below cover some of the points that we talk about in our morning presentation to the children.
- An owl is a Bird of Prey, a Bird of Prey only eats meat.
- There are six different types of owls that live in this country, there is the Barn Owl, Tawny Owl, Little Owl, Short Eared Owl, Long Eared Owl and the Snowy Owl.
- Owls are silent flyers they don’t fly fast, they fly slowly and silently.
- Owls have the softest feathers in the world, this helps with the silent flight.
- An owl catches its prey with its feet and prefers to swallow the prey whole.
- Owls have very good eye sight, but also have three dimensional hearing which enables them to pinpoint sounds.
- A baby owl is called an Owlet.
- A group of owls is called a parliament.
- Owls eyes are fixed in their heads.
- Owls can rotate their heads 270° or ¾ of the way round.
The links below are for activities which we have put together for the children to make or complete. These are available for free, and in PDF format for you to print: